Michael Gray - Graywolf's SEO Blog

Michael Gray - Graywolf's SEO Blog


Foursquare Promotions Spotted

Posted: 25 May 2010 08:00 AM PDT

Post image for Foursquare Promotions Spotted

In my most recent column on Search Engine Land I wrote about Foursquare Tools for Businesses. After writing that article, I came across a local promotion.

This promotion came from a local Italian ice shop. Now, you may not think Italian ices are a competitive business. But there are no less than three places that are about equidistant from my house. If, by checking using foursquare, I can increase my chances of getting a free ice now and again, I’d definitely use it and visit there. To be perfectly honest the $2-$3 isn’t the issue. It’s a bit of psychology at work: getting something for free makes me willing to do unusual things. Think I’m alone? How many people waited in long lines to get free chicken from KFC when Oprah had that coupon a few months ago instead of driving down the street and paying $5 at another fast food restaurant? Getting something for free makes people do funny things.

When I turn on foursquare near my house I get the screen below with the little orange flag. I can click through and get the offer and decide if it’s something I want to go after. I think the execution is pretty good … so who’s up for an Italian Ice?

image. via Flickr

This post originally came from Michael Gray who is an SEO Consultant. Be sure not to miss the Thesis Wordpress Theme review.

Foursquare Promotions Spotted

Related posts:
  1. 13 Ways to Promote your Local Business for Free Many local businesses struggle to find ways to promote themselves,...
  2. How McDonald’s Screwed Up the Pirates of The Caribbean Game Used to be fast food restaurants giving away free prizes...
  3. Cookie Monster Goes on a Diet Yet another another example of people refusing to take responsibility...

Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.

Post a Comment

Adsense Fortunes

Let's Learn

New Skills

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP