Latest From Blogigs

Latest From Blogigs


Check Received

Posted: 21 Apr 2010 05:32 AM PDT

Post image for Check Received

Came back from work this evening and saw this check from ShareASale in my mailbox. The proceeds from my February sales of the Thesis Theme. Purportedly sent out on the 20th of March, but strangely dated two days later, it took exactly a month’s time for the check to reach me. Now all I will have to do is wait another month before it gets cleared to my account.

Since I was the one who complained about the late delivery, I think it is my obligation and duty to Mr. Brian Littleton of ShareASale to set the record right now that I have received my payments. It has been real decent of Mr. Littleton to come by to clarify matters.

Now I know I don’t need to wait 5 months. I only have to wait 3. It was my mistake to jump the gun so quickly.

3 months, let’s see…….How many round trips to the moon can man make in 3 months………..??


Add your opinions and comments for Check Received

Related posts:

  1. How Long Does It Take? How long does it take for man to go to the moon and back? According to ChaCha dot com, The Apollo despite it’s outdated technology by today’s standard, took 3 days, 3 hours, 49 minutes to get to the moon. So a to and fro journey will take roughly...
  2. Easy and Fast Upgrade to Wordpress 2.3.1 For a fast and easy way to upgrade to the latest Wordpress 2.3.1, go to Tech-Buzz and download the Upgrade-Only Version. You won’t have to rewrite the whole set-up and risk messing up your blog. Read more on Easy and Fast Upgrade to Wordpress 2.3.1… Bookmark on Delicious Digg this...
  3. Upgrade to WordPress 2.3.2 Hours ago, WordPress released their latest version WordPress 2.3.2 that fixes a security bug that when exploited will let others see your drafts. Not that it matters a lot to me as I never save my drafts here, but there are many who does. So for those who has a...
  4. Check your blog’s popularity and link value Just to boost my ego a bit, I decided to check the domain popularity of ahpek.com. at Linkvendor.com The check turned up a report of 11669 backlinks coming from 107 domains. I don’t know if this is considered bad, average or good. Like I said it is just for the...
  5. Check Your Post Title before Publishing Wordpress is funny or maybe I should say, complicated and I guess I will never ever going to understand the way it works. Not that it matters whether I know the intricacies of this blogging platform because it’s user friendly enough for me, but to know how the codes work...

When It Is Time To Change Blog Directions

Posted: 20 Apr 2010 08:08 PM PDT

Post image for When It Is Time To Change Blog Directions

I have a strong feeling that it’s time I move on. Where? I still do not know, but the urge is strong. I make no denials from the start that the main motive of my blogging here is to make something out of this blog. No doubt, I do have a certain passion for the topic that I am writing, the passion for money is even stronger and I am not afraid to admit it.

I am not about to give you some saintly reasons like, “I blog because I love blogging” or “I blog because I love my readers.” That will be very hypocritical of me. I mean, come on, I don’t even know you, how can I love you enough to be wasting my time blogging for you.

Any blogger who tells you they care for you or they love you because you are reading their blog is either a re-incarnation of the Buddha or a plain liar. They are only play acting up an image so godly that one day when they launch their book or their membership site, you guys will snap it up.

Okay, I could be wrong. There really could be some saints out there who gives away their ebooks for free without wanting your email in exchange. Who lets you into their private sites without you having to pay a monthly fee. Who readily helps without any ulterior motives.

Kudos also to those guys who blogs for the love of blogging and do not place a single piece of Ad in their blog.

Building Up Trust?

Though I try to help whenever I am approached and have never asked for anything in return, I cannot claim to be one of them. For deep down inside, there will always be a motive. I secretly hope those whom I have helped would be grateful enough to remember me and use my link to buy a Theme when the day comes for them to use one. Is not that motive enough?

Is that not the same as the guy who released an ebook and hoped all those whom he has helped before will be grateful enough to buy a copy? For that was the only reason he was so helpful all this while trying to gain your trust?

And don’t tell me you do not hope whoever is reading your post will click on your Adsesne Ads.

Social media gurus says this is trust building. I say it is building up false trust.

We live In A Realistic World

Come one day, when the guy who started a membership site for all his beloved followers finds that the site is not making him the dough he expected, do you think he will keep it afloat just for the sake of his love for his readers?

Likewise, when the time comes that I find I am not selling enough Themes to justify my time here writing about this topic, will I be still be blogging about it just because I love those who has been following this blog daily?

Please be real. In this world everyone has a motive, noble or otherwise, when wanting to do something.

The Winds Of Change

Of late, selling WordPress Themes have been increasingly difficult. Almost every Theme that I promote here are being freely distributed in warez sites. More than 50 percent of my traffic comes from people looking for the Thesis Theme, but unfortunately from the looks of the words used in the queries, they are looking for the free version. Not the original version.

And the net if flooded with that.

Thesis 1.7 was made available for free almost immediately after the official version was launched. As with the Headway Theme and Frugal Theme though not as bad as the Thesis. Even very affordable Themes like those from Elegant Themes cannot escape this scourge. Coupled with the shifting of the Thesis Theme to a new affiliate network which payments does not favor my situation, all the fun and initiative is gone. No love or passion in this world is gong to change that.

The Ability To Put Down Something Which You Picked Up

It takes courage for someone who to put down something that he has picked up. Like love. It is hard to give up something or someone that you have grown to love. Like passion, it is harder to quit smoking. Like hate, it is difficult to stop hating someone or something.

To sound chauvinistic, it takes a real man to let go things that he knows has stopped working. Rather than hanging on and wait for the “second coming”, which might be eternity, it would be better to start anew. The earlier the better.

Let’s Get back To Reality

Alright, alright, I am sounding all rubbishly sentimental and that is not me. All I wanted was to make some here. Since it has or will stop making as much as it used to, I have to move on. Passion and love do not fill the tummy. That’s it. Simple and to the point. Why the heck do I need to concoct up such beautiful sounding reasons.

But then, like all who blog, I have to be a hypocrite once a while. Frankly, deep down, I don’t give a hoot. So do others. We have been taught to be hypocrites the day we started to blog. “Give your readers what THEY want to know, not what YOU really know.” What do you think this advise amounts to?

Changing Blog Directions.

So it is time for a change. Unlike some who are articulate and plan their every move, I do things on the spur of the moment. I just know I want to change. How, when and what is not the criteria. Has never been.


Add your opinions and comments for When It Is Time To Change Blog Directions

Related posts:

  1. What Is A Niche Blog Niche blogging has been said and emphasized much by top bloggers when asked about how and what should one be blogging about if they want a successful blog. When asked again what that means, the answer is, blog about something you are passionate about. So if you are into...
  2. When Does A Blog Start Making Money I have a blog. It is less than a year old, has 8 post in it and it has not been updated for nearly 9 to 10 months. The blog has no regular readers, no subscribers, minimum incoming links, has a Page rank of 1 and absolutely no comments....
  3. How to make yourself love your blog Out of the thousands of blogs created every week, more than half of them gets abandoned after a few weeks or months. Starting a blog is as easy as ABC, but to maintain a blog takes more than the 26 alphabets. The majority of them just simply fell out of...
  4. Blog Action Day – Do Bloggers Contribute To Climate Change Today I join hands with 7,532 blogs from 139 countries with a combined readership of 11,480,067 Readers in Blog Action Day 2009. This year, we are trying to bring consciousness about the climate change. Exactly two years ago, I asked, Does Blogging Effect The Environment. Now two years later,...
  5. Do you love your Blog? Do you? Of course you do, or else you wouldn’t be blogging at all. What I meant was, do you love your blog Theme? I believe that a blog theme makes a big impact on you and your visitors, but first of all you must like your own theme. If...

Post a Comment

Adsense Fortunes

Let's Learn

New Skills

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP